Wednesday 4 March 2020

Premier League Writing Stars Poetry Competition: Ambition

This year the Premier League asked our pupils to write poems based on the theme of ambition (also one of our school's values), using inspiration from the poem Beautiful Ambition by Karl Nova. The poem and subject encourage us to think of our dreams for the future and understand that dreams and aspirations are valuable and that they can be achieved (which also links to Future Me). The poem incorporates self-belief and resilience and these are themes that run through the Premier League Primary Stars programme.


Below are some of our entries:

Joseph
Have an ambition? Do it!
Have a goal? Score it!
Have a dream? Complete it!
Have an aim? Well , aim up high!
Self belief is the way to go,
If you fall in the river, just learn to row!
Even if hard, it may seem,
Opportunity + work = your dream!
Persistence is hard!
But remember to the end,
That ambition is your real, true friend

Charly
Oh my ambition,
It feels like a mission, 
Writing and writing,
It feels so inviting, 
I love to look, 
And read a book.

More and more,
It starts to bore,
writing is frightening,
When it needs to be perfect,
So use some green pen,
And you'll become friends.

It will be edited,
And corrected,
To be published,
For the world to see,
Lots will read it,
And will want it,
As much as their dreams.

Jessica
My ambition 
Is to twirl and swirl,
Flying through the world of tiptoe 
With a pink bow ,
But hope is with me though 
Even though I tried 
I tried and tried but hope wont let me go,
I use to dream to be me and now I can swirl and twirl

Rosie
My ambition is to fly,
Gliding, soaring, ever so high:
The sun would be my sauna,
The clouds my bed,
And when I’m getting bullied,
I can blot them out in my head,
I can return to my fantasy land,
Where everything is good,
And all evil is banned,
Where everyone is understood...

This is my dream,
To fly,
And to soar,
And as the days go by,
I’m forever wanting more.

Jasmine
My ambition,
Is to go high,
Soaring quickly through the night sky,
I always wanted to land on Mars,
Whenever I  look at the bright stars,
Flying into outer space,
Still I have barely any fear,
And thanks to my ambition,
I still might be able to solve this mission

Ezri
Stop!
What is stopping you?
Achieve!!!
Why aren’t you achieving?
You have a dream,
Achieve it,
You have a life,
Live it,
Even if you start over.

Dillon
Don’t stop achieving! 
Just keep believing! 
Your dreams are your future, 
Ambition is there, 
It just needs hard work, 
Remember never give up on your dreams, 
They will never give up on you.

Owen 
Ambition is brave,
Ambition is true,
Ambition is really up to you
You can learn 
You can yearn 
To be that bit more successful
 
Evie
Aim for the moon, land in the stars
Achieving and aiming, 
Motivation and determination,
Blooming and blowing,
Intention and imagination
Teamwork and hard work,
Independance and infinite, 
Opportunity and objective,
Natural and nostalgic…

Samuel
Dreams
Dreams are big, 
Dreams are small,
Dreams could be hanging on the wall,
Dreams can be friends,
Dreams can be foe,
Dreams can fly and sour,
Dreams of mine,
Dreams of yours,
Dreams of ours.


Chloe
Flowers that strewn and grow 
Flowers that like to know
Flowers who are fully grown 
Flowers who love to show 
Tulips who are bright and pretty 
Tulips that are born to pity
Roses that are frozen in fear 
Daisies that are born with tears 
Lavenders dream is to achieve 
Lavenders purpose is to wish for an opportunity to now
Bluebells that bloom and blow  
Sunflowers that are born with Ambition 

Barney
Go to Paris, Go to Rome 
Go to depths that are unknown.
Gather a crew to strive by our own,
Aim up high up yo the sky and you 
Never know you might just find that 
One passion or 
You might find a problem
You want to resolve.
So just aim up high
Maybe you’ll find 
You can solve anything you want to.

Noah
No dream is to big and no dream is to small,
My Dream is nor big or small,
My dream is to fly,
To fly is my dream,
Out of my eyes I’ll shoot lazer beams,
No dream is to big and no dream is to small,
My dream is to fly,
To fly is my dream,
Out of my eye I,ll shoot lazer beams.

Elliott 
Dreams 
They aim they shoot
They saw through the sky
They grow they bubble
They strive 
I have some dreams 
That i will achieve 
Even though it is hard
Even if they don't go to plan 
I will try again 
Because i believe in dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment